Friday 10 July 2015

Review of Next of Kin by Sue Welfare - Five *


Blurb:

NEXT OF KIN 
THE NEW EDGE-OF-YOUR-SEAT THRILLER 
FROM SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER, SUE WELFARE 

He seemed like the perfect tenant . . . 
Home should be where the heart is, but for Sarah, it becomes a place of fear, menace and terrifying choices. 
Her new lodger seems like the dream tenant for the rambling Cambridge town house that Sarah shares with her brother, Ryan. 
But before long it’s clear that their guest has his own chilling plans for all of them. 
When Ryan finds himself in deep water, Sarah faces losing all her hopes, dreams and any chance of a happy ever after. 
Just how far will she go to protect the people she loves? And will even the ultimate sacrifice be enough to save them… 

Dark, gripping and utterly compelling, Next of Kin is guaranteed to thrill fans of The Girl on the Train, Gone Girl or Before I go to Sleep.




Review:

Sue is one of my favourite authors but this is a journey into the unknown for her. Her usual genre is romance/romantic comedy and this is a hard, suspenseful thriller. So I was curious to read it.

Well, I can say, without any shadow of a doubt, that this is by far one of the best suspense books I have ever read! The characters were all well defined and totally believable. The plot was excellent and I was cheering at the end! I absolutely galloped through, so desperate was I to find out what happened! 

The victims were defined and flawed - as are we all. The "baddie" was so slick, so believable and so cruel. Having been a victim of fraud myself recently, I know how easy it is to fall into the spider's web of lies.

Thank you, Sue, for giving me a book I could really get my teeth into and which left me exhausted but wanting more!


Amazon UK: Next of Kin
Amazon US: Next of Kin




No comments:

Post a Comment